- Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
The Volpes online store is a division of Volpes the Linen Company
The Volpes online store offers a wide range of quality linen, curtains and décor accessories, and is supported by a highly trained customer service team that can be contacted on:
Telephone: 041 402 6800 (Mon-Fri: 8-5)
Fax: 041 402 6810
Acceptance of terms
The Company permits the use of this Website subject to the Terms and Conditions ("Terms and Conditions"). By using this Website in any way, you shall be deemed to have accepted all the Terms and Conditions unconditionally. You must not use this Website if you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Use of the Website
You may only use the Website if you are 18 years of age or older. If you are under 18, you may use the Website only with the involvement of your parent or legal guardian.
You agree that you will not use any device, software or other instrument to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Website. In addition, you agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor, copy, distribute or modify the Website or the information contained herein, without the prior written consent from an authorised Company representative (such consent is deemed given for standard search engine technology employed by Internet search websites to direct Internet users to this Website).
You may not use the Website to distribute material which is defamatory, offensive, contains or amounts to hate speech or is otherwise unlawful.
The contents of this Website, including any information, software, icons, text, graphics, lay-outs, images, sound clips, trade names, logos and trademarks are protected by law, including but not limited to copyright and trademark law, and are owned by or licensed to the Company.
Volpes has partnered with the PayU Group, a division of Naspers (NPN), to ensure your shopping experience is secure and easy. PayU is a PCI DSS Level 1gateway and is secured and certified by Verisign and TrustE.
Furthermore, Volpes has received an SSL certificate which provides 128-bit encryption allowing safe and secure electronic commerce and communication. All credit card details are encrypted when transmitted to Volpes and stored in a secure environment.
Volpes is committed to your privacy.
Volpes will ask for your permission before sending you information about specials and promotions, by email or mobile phone. If you do not wish to receive these emails or SMSs, you can at any time request to be unsubscribed.
Volpes will treat your personal information as strictly confidential; take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access; promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information; provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request; and upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control.
We stand behind our product with a 30-day money back guarantee, provided the following conditions are met:
· We are contacted within 30 days of the goods being received
· The product has not been used
· The product has not been washed
· The product has not been damaged or soiled
· The product is still in its original packaging
As per the Consumer Protection Act (2011), customers are permitted to return goods within a period of 6 months, in the case of a manufacturing defect. Volpes reserves the right to have the product returned to us for inspection before a replacement is sent.
Custom-made items: Since each order is made to your individual specifications, we cannot accept any returns for any reason other than a manufacturing defect.
When contacting Volpes regarding a return, please include your order number on all correspondence.
The prices displayed are inclusive of 14% VAT, but exclude delivery costs. Though we endeavour to ensure that the prices displayed on the website are accurate, it is possible that erroneous prices may be displayed from time to time. In such cases, we shall not be obliged to sell the product at the erroneous price, and will correct erroneous prices as soon as we become aware of them. Displaying a price on the website does not constitute any undertaking by us to maintain that price for any length of time.
At any given time, Volpes may have promotions and specials that run in-store and online concurrently; other times, promotions and specials may be exclusive to either online or in-store only. Prices indicated online are not necessarily the same as in-store.
At Volpes, we have 2 types of gift vouchers to purchase:
There are 2 types of gift vouchers available to purchase online:
- Store bought gift cards - A plastic gift card that can be loaded with any amount of Rands and may be redeemed in-store only. Once purchased, our courier will deliver the card to the physical address of your choice. (Please Note: Not available to purchase or redeem at Volpes at Coricraft Tokai
- Online gift vouchers - An electronic 'virtual' gift voucher that may only be used at the Volpes online store.
Agreement of sale
Placing a product in your trolley does not constitute an order for that product and we cannot be held liable if the product is no longer available, or if the price has changed by the time the checkout process is completed.
An agreement of sale comes into effect when either a credit card authorisation is received from the issuing bank, or a bank transfer is reflected on our bank statement. We reserve the right to cancel an order at any point in time without giving any reasons. In this case, we shall be liable to refund any money already paid in respect of that order.
Please note that due to the nature of our business and the types of product that we stock, our website will show a product as being available even if only one item is available for sale. If you require a larger quantity than is available, we may not be able to supply additional items at the same price, within the same time frame, or in some cases, at all. Please feel free to check availability with us prior to placing an order that includes a large quantity.
Should you wish to cancel all or part of an order, please contact the Volpes call centre.
Volpes offers 2 types of delivery:
- South African Post Office – Volpes charges a flat fee of R90.00 for postal & handling on all online orders. In order to make use of this service, a PO Box must be provided as delivery address at checkout. All shipments are insured and followed by an email to the customer with a parcel tracking number. Delivery can take up to 2 weeks if goods are already manufactured and in stock (It can often be less than this too). If goods are out of stock or need to be manufactured, Volpes will contact you with an expected delivery date.
- DSV – Volpes charges a flat fee of R90.00 for courier & handling on all online orders. In order to make use of this service, a physical street address must be provided as delivery address at checkout. All shipments are insured and followed by an email to the customer with a parcel tracking number. Delivery can take up to 1 week if goods are already manufactured and in stock (It can often be a few days). If goods are out of stock or need to be manufactured, Volpes will contact you with an expected delivery date.
If you would like to place an order for delivery outside of South Africa, please contact the Volpes call centre.